My name is Menno Bieringa and I’ll be your tour guide today!
I’ll take you on a 1.5-hour walk through the charming city center of Delft. While leisurely strolling I’ll tell you all about its history, its heroes and glorious events. With its winding canals, stunning Dutch architecture, and rich history, Delft is a must-see destination for travelers of all ages.
Highlights & Description
Experience the magic of Delft with our 1.5-hour walking tour that will take you on a journey through the city’s highlights and hidden gems. Led by our expert guide, the tour covers the city center of Delft and offers a fascinating glimpse into the city’s rich history and culture.
Our program is designed to be flexible and tailored to your interests, but you can expect to learn about some incredible subjects and top-activities, including:
- The life and legacy of Johannes Vermeer, the Dutch Baroque painter whose domestic interior scenes are a style of their own.
- The role of Delft in International Trade during the Golden Ages, and how it became a powerhouse of commerce.
- The captivating story of Willem van Oranje, also known as Willem the Silent, and his assassination, and the brutal execution of his assassin.
- The history of “Delfts Blauw,” the iconic blue ceramics that became a famous Dutch export and an industry of its own.
- Learn about the municipality building that houses a medieval prison, including torture chambers, and discover the dark past of the city.
- The Royal family members buried in the old and new church and the fascinating stories behind them.
- The surprising fact that Delft was once home to nearly 200 beer breweries!
Meet me at least 5 minutes before starting at the Statue of Hugo de Groot on the Grote Markt in Delft. Right in front of the New Church.
⏰ Duration: 2-hours
🧑🏻🤝🧑🏻 Max Group Size: 12
📱 Smartphone tickets accepted
🧑 Live Guide: English, but also speak Spanish, Dutch and some German
⚡ Instant ticket delivery
🚩 Meeting Point: Market square (city center)
✅ Me, your tour guide
✅ Semi-Private tour in a small group up to 12 guests
What’s not included
❌ Food & Drinks
❌ Pick up or Drop Off
❌ Entry to buildings or monuments